At the moment, just over 42% of Australian businesses are using the cloud. In those businesses, it’s resulted in a cumulative productivity benefit to the economy of $9.4 billion in the last 5 years (CFO Tech, 2023). That. Is. Huge. Doesn’t it make you question why the remaining 58% haven’t made the move yet?
Australia actually has one of the world’s highest overall cloud adoption rates. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has just released a report looking at the impact of the cloud uptake by micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Australia up to 2030 (IT Brief, 2023).
The report shares that in healthcare, there’s likely to be a 145% increase on the current usage rate of telehealth consultations and annual productivity benefits of $AU$4.7 billion by 2030.
In education, MSMEs could unlock AU$2.9 billion in annual productivity benefits and provide e-learning solutions to around seven million students.
In agriculture, MSMEs could unlock $1.7 billion in annual productivity benefits. It estimates there will be a 190% increase from today in farms using AI and precision agriculture solutions to enhance productivity – that’s 1 in 3 farms!
Feeling uncertain about whether your business will be one of those contributing MSMEs? Let’s pop our head up in the clouds and take a look around for you.
What exactly is cloud hosting?
Cloud hosting is like a high-tech holiday home for your data, applications, and software. Instead of storing them in a dusty old server tucked away in the depths of your office, everything’s safe and sound up in the cloud – a network of super servers scattered around the globe.
Why does your business need cloud hosting?
1. Flexibility for Growth
Cloud hosting can scale up or down as you need it. Unlike your physical infrastructure in that back cupboard that can get full and is expensive to “future proof” with plenty of spare room, your space in the cloud will adjust instantly to suit your requirements so you’ll always have just what you need.
2. Reliability Through Redundancies
The cloud isn’t just above us, it’s all over the place, too. This means that if there ever is a fault, redundancies will kick in to ensure your systems don’t skip a beat, they just skip to the next cloud.
3. Super Simple IT
IT might feel like a complex art sometimes, but cloud hosting is actually going to make your life easier. You’ll be met with user-friendly web-based interfaces and automatic updates that are done for you. Plus, for anything more complex your Xenex Systems support team is ready to come to the rescue.
4. Anytime, Anywhere Access
Whether you’re waiting for the bus, on the run between meetings or cheekily checking in on things from an international holiday, cloud hosting lets you access your data and apps from anywhere with the internet. It’s not just work from home, it’s work from almost anywhere!
5. Thrifty Spending
The other benefits are all nice-to-haves, but ultimately we all have budgets. This is where cloud hosting really shines. You only pay for what you use, so you can say farewell to costly hardware with complicated maintenance schedules on equipment that ultimately becomes obsolete.
So are you ready to join the crowd and make the switch to cloud hosting in your business? It could be the key to unlocking increased productivity, opportunities and most importantly savings.
Xenex Systems offers free audits of your set up to see how you can adopt technology for smarter business. Get in touch with us today to book one in, we can’t wait to hear from you.